Monday, July 29, 2013

not a worry in the world with my sneakers in the sand

This summer has not been kind to me. I've spent a total of maybe 6 or 7 hours actually ON the beach in my bathing suit. Everytime we get the opportunity to go, the clouds roll in. It's been pretty discouraging for me, considering I spent my life at the beach.

This past weekend we went to Brigantine and once again, did not get to sit on the beach. Sunday morning I woke up early to run and since the sun was out (it was at this point I thought I'd have a beach day! but lo and behold the clouds rolled in about an hour after I came back after my run!) I decided to try something new and run on the beach.

It was probably the best thing I have done all summer for myself.









My mind was clear, my feet were happy, and I had a couple epiphanies. I am looking forward and hoping to get a couple more beach runs in during August and September.

I started thinking about a week ago or so to run another half marathon but I was still on the fence about it. During this run I decided it was meant to be. September 29, 2013 - Ocean City Half Marathon! I know I can do it and I know training will be hard (again) but it's worth it. Plus, the medal you get afterwards is pretty cool :)

No comments:

Post a Comment