Monday, April 8, 2013

Zombies!

I have a fear of zombies.


Or rather, a fear that one day the zombie apocalypse WILL happen. Why do you think I started running? (Just kidding. Sort of).



While Dan spent the entire weekend in North Jersey at Wrestlemania I faced my fears and ran from some zombies in Philadelphia.



This was not your normal 5K.

You literally run from zombies in the zombie apocalypse.



You get a belt, 3 balloons (your "organs"), and the whole point is to run as fast as you can so the zombies (well, humans dressed zombies) can't catch and pop your balloons. If all your organs (balloons) are taken, you're dead.

But you can still finish the course, which is pretty cool.

My friend Laura and I decided to take our chances and run the course as humans.


 
We did not survive. The zombies stole all our balloons.


But we still had fun! We ran and walked the course while dodging some zombies. I almost fell down a hill but that's not important.

And the best part? My other friend Marissa volunteered as a zombie.


She looked pretty awesome and her makeup was really realistic.


I think finding these themed 5Ks is one of my new favorite things to do... just to say I did it. I mean, how many people can say they did a zombie run? There is also an undie run. But I can't seem to find anyone to do that one with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment