Friday, October 19, 2012

I like to run.

I can't run very fast and I usually can do a good mile to 3 miles per run but I love it.

It makes me forget about everything. Every problem in my life magically goes away and all I can think about is the music in my ears, my feet hitting the pavement, and the endorphins rushing through my body. Sometimes I run through Valley Forge park. Valley Forge park is beautiful but the hills - oh my gosh the hills. It's tough. But I always manage to get through them.

Yesterday Dan and I took the dog there and I went off on my own and did 4 miles through the park. It was long, tiring, but exhilarating. My life has been sort of a mess lately and I've been avoiding running but yesterday we went and I just ran. Four miles later and I felt better.

I have a 5K tomorrow and I've been dreading it but after that run I am looking forward to it.

 Sometimes it feels like I'm running through a forest in a fairytale.
Sometimes I miss living by the beach but sometimes I am very happy I can run through a national park and see things like this.

Edit: Right as I hit "publish", I received a reminder email about the 5K tomorrow. Coincidence? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment