Saturday, December 29, 2012

Dates of Christmas... celebrating... life

Oh, hello.

It's been a while.

But you know, life gets pretty hectic during the holidays.

We did go on a couple dates of Christmas (though, wow we got really behind so this may turn into the 8 or 9 dates of Christmas (with a deadline of New Years).

Last weekend we went on a little dinner date for the sixth date of Christmas...



But for the seventh date of Christmas we did something *really* special & spent the afternoon in Philly to do some Philly Christmas things! We took the train into the city (did I ever mention I dislike the train? It smells, makes me nauseous, and some weird people ride the train. Though our train attendant did not charge us for tickets, so it was a positive ride) & we saw the Macy's light show, strolled through Dicken's Village, & went to the Christmas village at LOVE Park. Sadly, no photos of the LOVE sign as there were too many people & I have no patience.

a very sunny train station


 sorry for the blurry photo. one of my new years resolutions?
to take better pictures.  :)

light show at Macy's

if you go through Dicken's Village,
you should read A Christmas Carol... at least once. (ps. I have)

 the best pretzel I've ever had


 
 and the best chocolate covered banana I've ever had

sodas from reading terminal market





We celebrated Christmas eve with my family & Christmas day with Dan's family.

I got a really cool Holga camera adapter for my iphone & played around it with a little ....




Our first Christmas together as husband & wife was special. We slept at our apartment & let Max open his presents first & then Dan and I alternated. We got some cool things for each other but it was really nice to have a real Christmas morning together.


Unfortunately, it was tainted a little by the intense & disgusting stomach flu we both got the next day - which is another reason for my absence from the blog. But we are still alive & kicking!

...

In a day or two I will share my resolutions for 2013. 2012 was a weird year (good but weird) & will be sharing my favorite parts of it as well.


Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment