Tuesday, January 1, 2013

a new year

It's officially 2013!

2011 was a fantastic year for me - the year of weight loss. I lost a good 60 pounds that year - the only resolution I've ever kept. I did it for my wedding, my dress, my (then future) husband, my family, my friends, & my future. So at midnight last year surrounded by friends I thought, "2012 will be amazing, just like 2011!"

I was a little wrong.

Yes, 2012 WAS amazing. Marrying my best friend definitely takes the cake. Seeing a best friend marry another best friend was pretty high on the list too. Becoming a runner and running in 6 5Ks from July to October made me feel like superwoman. I maintained my healthy weight for a whole year and proved to myself that I am healthy & that I can change my life.

But 2012 had its ups & downs. No need for details but let's just say I went through a lot this year and I have to say some of that stuff was really bad.

And through the bad, comes good.

2013 is here and I have some big plans.


1. Make this blog better. I have some plans to make it look better and hope that people read this & like hearing about my life. Post more "house-wifey" things. Post more pictures which means take more pictures. Capture all the moments of 2013.

2. RUN. Run, as much as I can. Run some more 5Ks, run a couple 10Ks, and then... the big one.
A half marathon. 13.1 miles. I'm a little scared. But I know if I keep pushing myself I can do it.

3. Be happy. No matter what. Smile often even when I am mad or sad. Do things that make me happy & spend time with people who matter. Mental health is just as important as physical health. Take time for myself & take care of myself.


This four-day weekend and New Years holiday has been great. I got to catch up with my best friend of 20 years and saw my parents.

We went to a party to celebrate the engagement of these two lovebirds....



Ate delicious, cheap hamburgers with friends. Had a blizzard. Read books.

Spent time with this guy.



And celebrated the New Year quietly with just the two of us.




I know it is very cliche but 2013 can be amazing if we let it.

So let's let it.

No comments:

Post a Comment