Tuesday, January 29, 2013

cars, sofas, & beer, oh my!

We had a busy weekend here at the Cowhey residence! We took the snow on Friday night as a good excuse to sit in our sweatpants, eat too much pizza, and watch TV. Saturday my dad came up for the day and we went to the Philly Auto Show together! It was a lot of fun. My dad and I haven't spent time alone in a long time so it was nice to just spend the afternoon together.

It's my dad's dream to own a corvette again. 
The day I win the lottery, we'll both have brand spankin new corvettes in our driveways.


We also got lunch and had a beer at The Field House under the convention center. (Yes, I drank a beer! The fruitiest girliest beer they had. I'll only drink beer for you, Ron).



And while my dad and I were fantasizing about cars and sitting in cars we can't afford ($127,000 for a car? crazy) Dan was actually purchasing a new one!! 


It's a 2012 Nissan Rogue and we are both very happy with it. It was a much needed purchase in our life considering the truck was on its last leg. 

I also purchased a couch this weekend at Ikea! We have a nice futon in the tv room that doubles as a couch and then we had an old loveseat that Dan's parents were getting rid of but I have wanted a real honest sofa for a couple years. And I finally did it.


I especially like the chaise lounge and haven't moved from it since Dan put it together. 

Other than that, life has consisted of working, sleeping, working out, running, scrapbooking a little (I am making a book for somebody! My first one and I am pretty excited about it), and trying not to let the snow get me down.

...

I'm trying to get into the mind-set of half marathon training.  Right now I am working out pretty hard but know that once the actual training begins I'll have to give up a few things and just focus on the plan I have set aside.


And I'm perfectly willing to. As the month of January comes to a close this week, I can see how fast June is going to get here.

I think I'm signing up for another 5K this Sunday and then Dan promised to run one with me for Valentine's Day next weekend! 

It's Tuesday. Not a cool day. Too close to Monday, too far from Friday. 

But let's make it a good day.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment