Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Give Thanks

This has been a rough couple of months and it can be really easy to forget the positive things in my life & to count my blessings. Thanksgiving is tomorrow (seriously? where the heck did the time go? It's going to be Christmas so soon!) & what a perfect time to reflect on what I am really thankful for this year. I think I need to remember this list not just Thanksgiving week but everyday of the year.

1. My husband who takes care of me & puts up with my weirdness & accepts me for the imperfect person I am.

2. My mom & dad who are quiet when I need them to be & tell me the cold hard truth even when I don't want to hear it (but need it) and for providing for me from the day I was born & now - though the means may be different the intent & love is the same.

3. My brother Anthony - we don't always see eye to eye & we don't always get along but when it matters most he is there for me & reminds me how lucky I am to have a sibling so close in age.

4. My in-laws who accepted me into their family & treat me like their own daughter.

5. My sister-in-law Devin who really is more like the sister I never had - I never wanted a sister growing up (hey, being the only girl has its perks) but once I got to know Devin I couldn't wait for us to become sisters).

6. The rest of my family - the one I was born into & the one I became a part of on our wedding day for always accepting me & understanding & supporting the love Dan & I share.

7. Max - my puggle, my fur-baby, & a big reason why I wake up in the morning. He is not my first dog but he is MY first dog & the unconditional love he has for me makes me so happy. Max, we love you like child (even though I can hear you struggling & splashing Dan while he gives you a bath).

8. My true friends - Marissa (who has been by my side since '92 & I can be my true self with) and my "Cabrini Girls" (who lived with me for 4 years & still like me), plus the other people I am blessed to know & be friends with.

9. A warm place to come home to, a bed to sleep in, & a fridge full of food & to always being blessed & fortunate enough to live comfortably while so many others do not.

10. And finally, for my health, and the wisdom & knowledge I have gained over the last year & a half to take care of myself and to keep myself at a healthy weight.


I'm going to try & keep these things in mind not just on Thanksgiving but everyday. I have much more to be thankful for but then this would be a really, really long post and I have a Zumba class to get to (I am also thankful for Zumba, for proving what an awkward & bad dancer I am yet keeping me in shape at the same time).  :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment