Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I'm no Martha Stewart

but decided to be a nice wife & bake Dan his favorite cookies.

My idea of baking cookies is opening up the package from Betty Crocker and placing the pre-baked dough on a cookie pan but I wanted to try real cookies from scratch and what a better way to try than the butter cookie recipe Dan's mom gave me?

Well, let's just say it was quite the process. I had some trouble with the dough so I gave up on using my cookie cutters (plus, the only cookie cutters I have are dinosaurs, Halloween themed, and a random strawberry) and just made regular boring round cookies. However, I did bake these all by myself from scratch - no fires, no big mess, & I only ate one (okay, one and a half... and maybe I licked the beaters).





I must have done a good job though because Dan says they turned out yummy (and he is hard to please when it comes to these cookies). His only complaint was that they were a lot thicker than the ones his mom makes but he liked that I put icing on them.





I received a fabulous binder filled with recipes from my bridal shower back in June but this is the first time I've tried out a recipe from it - can't wait to try out the rest! Plus make cake pops with my super cool cake pop pan.

1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled across your blog...love the christmas-y cookies in November :) I'm hungry now!

    ReplyDelete